Sunday, May 3, 2009

Trip Towards God

Searching for God, I trip on the way. I haven't written anything for days, but searching for God, He puts words on my plate, a ring on my finger, the writer in me is well, I write again for His sake. Searching for God, I search for my ex-boyfriend; abandoned by Him, I search for God whom I abandon, and He makes me realize that He's never abandoned me. Searching for love, for the love of a man, I really search for my Father. Missing my father at home, I search for my Heavenly Father, I find Him in Church at Mass on Sunday at seven at night in the sweetest Eucharist, I find my brother Jesus. I find my Savior, my Everything. I search for God, I go for a bike ride; feel the wind my Creator has made especially for me that very instant. Searching for God, I trip on the way. I fall astray. He picks me up, lifts the mud off my face, and kisses me till I have His grace again. La niña de Sus ojos, the girl of His eyes, I pick myself up, in confession; I am blessed by the Father who absolves me of my sins. I find my faith, no longer trip, I find His face at the foot of the cross, all thoughts erased, I only think of Him now, and how I may please Him. Searching for God, I find comfort in my Mother, I read about her apparitions, I watch La Virgen de Coromoto, and feel my faith renewed, and wish everyone knew about this movie and would watch it fervently. I search for God every day. Some days are cold some days are gray some days are great, the skies are perfectly made by Him for us. On these days I search for God like the freshest drink of water. I thirst. I thirst. I thirst. For my truest love of all. God. I thirst, but He thirsts more for the souls of us. So I say to my soul come hurry up let’s go to our Father, and on our way there pray for friends and souls and loved ones as well, and strangers as well, that none of us be lost, that all of us be well and far from the hell that some don’t believe in, but still I know exists. I dream of heaven, I dream with Jesus. I dream with Mother Mary, I dream with my Father present where the sun’s rays hit the verdant green of a thankful tree, of a thankful plant giving me air to breathe, it knows better, that its Creator gives it this capability. Searching for God, I always trip on the way, but this is the way it must be, for me to move my face from the darkness to light, it is God who oversees, and directs my pace, even these typing fingers He knew of all along. Searching for God, searching for God all day long, even night searches.


--Stefanie Almendárez

No comments: